TAS shall assess a $125.00 minimum cost to customer for any warranty work performed where no defects are found and no repairs are necessary.
Warranty Repair Coverage
This warranty shall not cover:
- Bench Check;
- Defects or damaged caused by unauthorized service;
- Damages or malfunctions caused by negligence, abuse, or use not in accordance with intended function of the item; and
- New Equipment (Customer shall ship the item directly to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for warranty consideration, at no cost to TAS).
This Warranty shall cover:
- Parts and Labor to repair Customer Unit(s), for a period not to exceed 90 days from TASís shipping date to Customer, limited to those certain parts previously replaced by TAS, and listed on the work order;
- Parts and Labor to repair Sales Unit(s) for a period not to exceed 90 days from TASís shipping date to Customer, limited to those certain parts previously replaced by TAS and listed on the work order.
Warranty Repairs to Current Production Avionics
Parts and Labor to repair current production avionics shall be covered under warranty for a period not to exceed 90 days from TASís shipping date to Customer and is limited to those certain parts previously replaced by TAS and listed on the work order.
Warranty Repairs to Non-Current Production Avionics
Parts and Labor to repair non-current production avionics shall be covered under warranty for a period not to exceed 60 days from TASís shipping date to Customer and is limited to those certain parts previously replaced by TAS and listed on the work order. Overhauled items will carry a 3 to 6 month warranty.
TAS reserves the right to inspect all cores received for exchange. All such cores shall be free of any accident and/or incident damage. TAS shall only accept exchanges where the part number and dash number are identical to those previously supplied by TAS unless specifically approved.
The following shall void the warranty:
- Tampered void seals;
- Foreign particle contamination or water/oil intrusion;
- Improper installation;
- Faulty peripherals, and/or defective aircraft installation;
- Excessive wear and tear, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper handling, or installation and/or physical damage and maintenance for system induced problems are excluded from this warranty;
- Third party repairs; and
- Failure to pay for any parts and work performed by TAS, other than that covered under this warranty, or for any goods shipped to Customer, which have outstanding balances due TAS.
TAS Assumes no Responsibility or Liability Towards:
- Freight/shipping charges.
- Loss of Revenue;
- Units outside the warranty time limitations; and/or
- Third party evaluations or repairs during the warranty period.
Any and all liability attributable to TAS shall be limited to the costs of the repair of the item or the replacement thereof, in like kind, if necessary. In no event shall TAS be liable for any direct or consequential or incidental damages which may arise out of the repair, sale and/or use of the unit which is sold or otherwise supplied to Customer. TAS shall not be liable for any Customer costs associated with troubleshooting, removal, installation or shipping of any defected or returned units.
TAS makes no other claim or further warranty, expressed, implied or statutory and hereby specifically disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or use. This warranty is limited to the initial Customer that contracted with TAS and shall not be transferable to any other third party unless otherwise consented to in TASís sole and unfettered discretion, which consent must be in writing. Except as stated specifically herein, this warranty is limited to the duration of the warranty period.
Retrieval and Payment of Repaired Items
Upon completion of an authorized repair/replacement, TAS shall notify the soliciting Customer that the repair/replacement is completed. Upon receipt of said notice by email, facsimile or telephone, Customer shall at the same time of its retrieval, pay for the repair/replacement. Should Customer fail to retrieve its items within 60 days from the date of original notice, TAS shall be entitled to sell the item at a private sale and apply the sales price received to the outstanding monies due TAS by Customer. TAS shall also be entitled to obtain accrued interest at the legal rate in the State of Oklahoma, storage fees at the rate of $50.00 a day and reasonable attorneyís fees. Should the amount received from the private sale be less than the amount then due TAS. TAS shall be entitled to maintain a deficiency action against Customer. TAS shall retain title to all items sold and/or shipped to Customer until payment in full is received and acknowledged by TASís banking institution.
Retrieval of Unit from End User/End User Aircraft
TAS reserves the right to retrieve its units from the end user or end user aircraft if payment is in default.
Terms of Payment
All payments due from Customer to TAS are to be paid in accordance with written invoiced terms.
Legacy Equipment Policy
As the line of Legacy Equipment in this industry has depreciated and spare parts are more difficult to locate we may require up to a $150.00 minimum repair/evaluation fee.
These repairs will still be quoted but often they require additional time to research parts availability. In some cases only limited warranty may be issued.
The following is a list of Legacy equipment this minimum charge applies to:
- Bendix/King KX170/175 Nav/Comm
- Bendix/King KT-76 Transponder
- Collins Microline Radios
- Cessna/ARC RT-385A Nav/Comm
- Cessna/ARC RT-485A Nav/Comm
- Cessna/ARC RT-359, RT-459, RT-859 Transponders